Nestled in between sea and mountains in the Pyrénées-Orientales (66), SaintGénis des Fontaines is located at the foothills of the Albères mountain and offers its visitors a wide range of outdoor leisure activities: mountain biking, walking, horse riding.
Saint-Genis-des-Fontaines, which is located 15mn from Argelès-sur-mer and the “Côte Vermeille”, one of the most famous Mediterranean sea, displays a cultural heritage gem featuring one of the most ancient written witness of Roman art: the lintel (beginning of the Sixth century) of the Saint-Michel Abbatial church (Eighth century). The Eighth century Cloister offers a peaceful space where visitors can experience serenity.
Wine tasting in the commune’s three “Routes des vins Roussillon” guide listed wine cellars, offers wine amateurs a wide range of wines.
- Carnival – February/March
- Attic Sale : April
- Goigs dels Ous : April
- Mid-summer night’s celebration : June
- Sculpture Symposium : August-September
- Catalan country lyrical festival : July-August
- Catalan celebrations : July-August
- “Jazz au Cloître” festival : August
- Saint Michael celebration : September
- Traditional Local “Apéritif” : July-August
- Treasure Hunt : Octobre
- Castanyada and vin nouveau celebrations : October
- Attic toy sale : November
- Xmas concert & nativity celebration : December